Monday, September 8, 2008

noodle time!

is the best time time of the day. well times when it vomes to us here on the pacific link. we eat packaged noodles about three times a day, that and toast. and you know what is odd i dont like toast so i just eat bread with butter but i still call it toast...yeah im odd...

anyway i am eating that right now and listening to hairspray the movie soundtrack. oh what a glorious movie and play. i want to be tracy some day! seriously i could totally do it! i am so jealous of tracy in the movie, i mean she gets to kiss link aka zach efron=hot! well not as hot as say christian bell or zac braff. but what ever movie on.

well today was a new week and so that means a new speaker but before i tell about it i will tell you what the last speakers prophectic word for me was. it was along the lines that my name means alot to me and it tells alot about me. he told me to pay attention to what moves in my life, maybe if that means something that gets me fired up. and that god will guide me in this. this was so amazing because it totally is right on. i mean i feel like i have compassion for every situation. i get moved so easily, even to the point of tears. my heart breaks for people and there stories. also the getting mad about things. i find that if something gets me pissed i will do everything in my power to stop or resolve the issue. one BIG example was my "abortion is murder" shirt that i wore at school and was even told that i was not allowed to wear at school because it was a distraction. to me that means that people didnt want to hear the truth about what abortion really is. and you know what i didnt care what people think. i wore it anyway. actually this is how sad these people are who want to deny the truth, well as some of you know i tried out for ASBEC the end of my junior year and i didnt make it just by student votes, but it is okay i got an appointed position. well anyway, i heard from many people who were asking around on why they didnt vote for me and many responses was because of the "abortion is murder" shirt. yeah i was speachless. for a few days i was pissed and didnt even want to be part of a leadership position because then i would have to lead "those" people. but i came around and how one of my best years and i believe that a big factor in that was being a part of ASBEC.

okay so they new speaker he is speaking on repentance. it was only the first day so he just laid down little things and a foundation to build on. so i will have more to report in the days to follow. but i can tell you that our speaker is kiwi and i love the accent, sometimes i get distracted and dont listen to what he is actually saying but the way he says the words. you would think that i would have gotten sick of hearing the accent but no! everytime i hear a kiwi speak i get all excited and want to ask them to say different word, i lay off of course because that would be just weird. but i do make hayley say random words like "holla back" because her english accent is so entertaining. and to my surprise jane's copying is pretty close. she also said that mine is not to shabby. shabby is a fun word to say, that and magma...popsicle sticks...rubbish..and others.

well after lectures we have new work duties. and i have lunch clean up!!!!! i love it so much. it takes like 45 minutes tops and then i have the rest of the day off. to celebrate my frist day off i wanted to go on a walk but it was so rainy and windy today that i was stuck inside. it was 20 knot winds...crazy eh? so instead i called all my besties that i could get ahold of. i guess i am quiet entertaining when i talk on the phone with eden sarah alex. i am in my best friend zone and then come to my new zealand sences and see caroline, anna and rachel all laughing at me and singing mr. darcy in my ear. oh what a glorious song but not the right time! oh well i love them!

to end this blog i would like to announce that i am on the cooking crew when we are on outreach! i cant wait. i get to go to all the local markets and buy a bunch of fruits and such things to prepare a mean. i am so excited to get a hold of the fruit. if you dont know, it is a long lasting dream of mine to try at least once a peice of fruit of all the fruits that grows on this earth. well that and becomeing an ipod person! i know alex you technically made me one but i want to be in the cool colorful commercial with the latest hot song in the background and dance my little heart out! ah what dreams they are! speaking of outreach our team has to raise about 12,000 dollars in 6 weeks so that we all can go. this is to pay for our flights. one team has it all paid for becaus it was the perfect amount that goes along with our school fees, but my team who are going to the solomon islands, the flight is 1,800 dollars. so have 800 paind of but we still have to raise 1,000 dollars each. i am one of those team members. i know that god will provide for me and my team but it would love for you all to pray with us! we are doing 24 hour prayer tomorrow and fasting one meal every couple of days to pray about it and seek god. so yeah. it is time for bed and i have to get my laundry out!

love from me in nz

1 comment:

DW Cole said...

Mimi

We love you and miss you! We are so proud of you and are so excited for all of the changes and growing that you are doing. We love reading your blog and look forward to it every day. The girls miss you so much and we play "mimi" at least once a day. Lane is very cute and getting very chubby, we will take his one month pics this week and send you some. We love you!!!!