Friday, September 5, 2008

total opposite day

today was awesome! okay so me and my danish love anna are in charge of creative worship so we have an hour to be as creative as we want to worship god. we can play games, sing songs, or whatever. well as you all know david our speaker was going to have prophedic words for all the students so me and anna decided to do your own spin on that. we had a paper for everyone and the paper had someone elses name on it. the person who recieved the paper couldnt know the name on it but was supposed to hear from god something to say to this person. ask for a word, verse, or words of encouragement. once you had heard from god you were then supposed to open it and give the slip to the person. then explain what you heard from god a pray with them. i has two slips because a few were missing, i was a little scared in the beginning because i have not really heard from god until i came here. i got a few things for both wrote them down and then opened them. i got a crew member and one of the student. to my amazement all what i had written down and shared with them was right on and was something that they needed prayer for or a word they needed to hear. it was amazing! isnt GOD amazing. then it came to me. caroline one of my swiss loves had my name. what she told me was so on. she told me that god told her that god wants to speak in me and that the holy spirit is present in me. wow was a conformation to what i wanted. also she say a picture of a heart and gods protection over it. this was so touching because i feel like i have had alot of heart break and ache in my life and finally i was free from that. i was so moved that i started crying. caroline prayed for me as we held each other tight! amazing things happened i that room. that was such an intense part that after we had time to kill so we wanted to play a game. we played fruit salad. if you dont know what that is you can ask me later.

then lectures started after we had moring tea and i had my usual kiwi! kiwis are so delicious. i could eat a million a day. but i shall not because that would destroy my mouth. i eat like three and my whole mouth goes numb. i dont know why but it hurts... i am eating one right now! anyway back to lectures, david just finished his shpeel on faith and the second half of lessons have us all a word from god. davs wrote most of it down so when i have a copy i will tell you all about it. but let me say he was right on! yeah extra god points today. he has spoken to me so much in the past two weeks and i love it. oh god what would i do without you, hell! what an easy question to answer. i love how faith is so easy and that the whole gospel is so easy. i mean it is pretty much laid out so that a child could understand it. i dont get people who think christianity is to complicated. if you feel like that please tell me because i would love to talk to you about it. that is another thing that god has given me over these six weeks, the courage to step out and talk about my faith. he was supplied me with so many good points and ways of explaining it that i have always wanted!

after lectures me and kristin went to the mount beach. it was so beautiful. we went into the ocean, sun bathed, and talked about the day. i think i got a little sun so that is a plus. i have to get my tan up before i hit the beaches of the solomon island. i cant wait to feel warm ocean water. that has been one of my dreams. when i get there i will jump in it. it will be like i was one of those kids who grew up in the middle of the country and have never been in the ocean but better! i will get my fair share of warm waves with the solomon islands and then hawaii when i return home. after a few hours we had to walk back. it was such a long walk and i was in flip flops. that=not a good combo. my feet hurt so bad and i was extremely tired. i came home and crashed in my coffin of a bunk that i love so dearly. i slept through dinner. jerk chicken that i help havs make the day before. they were amazing. i ate a few while in the galley waiting for jose to finish washing dishes so that i could rinse them! i love listening to music in the galley, it seems if it is good music that people flock in there and keep you company. it always happens when we use mine! yeah i have good music. one crew member says that i have the best ipod in the world!

pause, juice break!!! i forgot i bought a big thing of delicous juice the other day!
so refreshing!

well after galley work i got on the internet and just realized that i had comments on my blog from my dad mom and the gradparents. it was so exciting to read them! i miss them so much and i cant wait to come home and tell them all about what i have experienced and learned. well i also got on myspace, facebook and my msn. and i had to write like five really long emails. you have no idea how long that takes and it really takes it out of you. but with me i always do it. some people here are like "im too tired to write back, ill do it later" and forget. i try and always keep in contact. well the emials were good today nothing that made me melancholy. alot of them actually made me happy. i am excited for tomorrow because i am going to call all my besties from my phone card and on sunday call the parentals.

well i cant really think of anything else to say but i love and miss you all. i think i am going to go and watch either veggie tales or stranger than fiction. i dont really have a picture from my camera of the beach today so i will just give you this one. lame google image but yeah, sorry
Photobucket

love from me in nz

1 comment:

jani said...

Mercy,
Your mom told me about your blog and I'm so happy! I have been praying for you and wondering hoe its going and now I can see that you seem to be doing great! I wanted to let you know that Den and I are praying for you and thrilled that you are having this experience. Isn't it amazing to discover the international body of Christ ? I have always found that fellowship a thrill!
We love you.
Den and Janet